Team Lead - Quality Engineering
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, develop and revise Quality Policies, Procedures, System Instructions, and Work Instructions that govern the operation. These procedures must meet needs of new product engineering, continuous improvement teams and distribution channels.
- Establish and maintain a framework for conducting process capability studies, performing statistical process control and conducting GR&R. Determine standards and procedures governing these activities including the data reporting methods.
- Responsible for all gauge and metrology needs for the facility as well the systematic maintenance and calibration of instruments. Provide guidance related to new technology and systems that should be procured to maintain pace with industry.
- Maintain systems for document control, corrective action, gauging and calibration.
- Provide training on statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools, such as process analysis, flowcharts, design of experiments and strategic planning.
- Participate in reviewing designs of new products and engineering changes with respect to product quality control/assurance and gauge requirements and recommend changes as required. Isolate and identify critical quality requirements.
- Make decisions (Dispositions) related to deviant product based on statistical and dimensional data while incorporating necessary process/product experts.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage a diverse team and work within a challenging environment between operations, supply chain, engineering and marketing entities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Technical Studies.
- Five years minimum of related work experience or equivalent that includes training in quality engineering fundamentals.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of machining practices (CNC turning, milling, grinding) and heat treat a plus.
- Working knowledge of measurements systems that include comparator, CMM, micrometers, calipers, functional gauges, etc.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.