Emerging Technology Engineer (EE/Computer Science)
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization and that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously implements disruptive technologies that deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
As a member of the Advanced Engineering and Technology (AET) team, you will be the trusted research and knowledge bank that accelerates and delivers technological disruptive innovation. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for researching, developing, and realizing emerging technology platforms for Milwaukee Tool.
Our ideal candidate would be a hands-on self-starter, who can drive several technology investigations of various complexity in early research and development and has interest in familiarizing themselves with the other technologies of AET.
You will be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and/or support the early research and investigations of new technologies, industry trends, and processes, via university research, tradeshows, and our department technology strategy.
- Work as part of a technology development team responsible for rapidly researching, designing, and integrating new technologies through proof of concepts, technology introductions, and machine builds.
- Provide technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of projects.
- Leverage your hands-on approach and aptitude to support physical testing and potential implementations of emerging technologies.
- Support the digital transformation and beyond of the Accessories business unit.
What TOOLS you will bring with you:
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Equivalent Professional Experience (2 - 6 year Minimum).
- Microcontroller experience (Pi, Arduino, other controllers).
- Desire to pursue self-directed learning into new/emerging technologies.
- Inquisitive mentality, and ability to apply an R&D mindset to new technologies
- Strong Computer Science and Data collection aptitude and a hands-on mentality to support new equipment fabrication, assembly, testing, and commissioning.
- Able to perform report-out sessions to present new knowledge and technology to peers and cross-functional groups.
Other TOOLS we prefer you have:
- Database Languages (SQL)
- Experience utilizing machine learning.
- Support and partner with our legal department in developing and protecting our technology.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International)
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- Industry leading culture of passion and teamwork to deliver for our end-users.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
Department Vision: Be the trusted research and knowledge bank that accelerates and delivers technological disruptive innovation.
Department Mission: Discover and develop new technology, materials, and processes without constraints of current product design or manufacturing limitations to empower future product development.