Lead Electronics Engineer - Hand Tools and PPE
Date Posted: 5/6/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 5/6/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Lead Electronics Engineer will explore new technologies for use across Milwaukee Tool's PPE and Hand Tool products. You will lead a team of front-end innovation and New Product Development (NPD) Engineers and will be responsible for product line definition/technology evaluation and selection.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Build, lead, and collaborate with a world class team of cross functional engineers and project managers to deliver new-to-world solutions.
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Lead and develop Jr. electrical engineers within the Concept / Adv. Engineering add NPD teams
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in system design or related work experience.
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of power management, ultra-low power embedded hardware, and firmware implementations.
- Proficient in C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
- Strong understanding of sensor system design, test methods, controls, and architectures.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MBA or related field.
- Experience with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Knowledge of power semiconductors, magnetics, battery charging principals, sensor technologies and wireless communication platforms.
- Knowledge in power electronics and embedded system designs.
- Familiarity with firmware design and model-based engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with mechanical design and thermal management concepts.
- Experience with wearables and IOT devices / applications.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.