Under the direction of and reporting to a Product Manager or Director of Product Management, primary duties are to plan, grow and manage the product category(s) of jobsite apparel through the administration and coordination of a variety of marketing functions and projects while maintaining a cooperative relationship with internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow and manage assigned apparel products, product lines and projects within the jobsite apparel category.
- Research, recommend and launch new apparel products to meet company growth goals by participating and interacting with various cross functional teams and departments.
- Recommend strategies for the profitable management of assigned products or lines including product positioning, pricing, forecasting, cost reductions, product updates and/or obsolescence.
- Support the activities of the Product Manager and assist in the development of 3 year product line plans
- Conduct market & user based research to understand the strategic, tactical, and new product development needs within the category of jobsite apparel.
- Must be comfortable and knowledgeable working on a commercial & residential jobsite: end user visits, making sales calls with Milwaukee sale & distributor sales force, and field testing.
- Lead and interact globally with various cross functional teams and departments to collaborate and deliver objectives on schedule.
- Assess, analyze, and interpret new business or product opportunities and be able to articulate to management your findings and recommendation.
- Align regularly with supply and demand teams to ensure seasonal apparel inventory planning meets customer execution requirements
- Partner with the Jobsite Apparel commercial team in developing successful distribution commercial plan success
- Develop comprehensive commercial plans to support all new product launches with "How we win; training modules, product specific videos & collateral, web campaign, channel or trade specific strategies, as well as a full promotional planning
- Work collaboratively with Engineering and Design to ensure all new product development is meeting the required targets and is being delivered on time.
- Write and submit appropriate documentation to initiate new product efforts.
- Collaborate with brand & channel marketing to develop appropriate messaging, campaigns, programs and promotions to deliver the sales targets
- Coordinate the initial stages in the development of new innovative products including market research, engineering & manufacturing analysis, purchasing and related financial aspects involved in successfully bringing new products to market.
- Participate in key customer presentations, line reviews, editorial visits/interviews, trade shows and other industry events as needed to promote the jobsite apparel category.
- Champion and lead various departmental improvement initiatives.
- Act as the internal and external focal point for the resolution of product issues within the jobsite apparel category -- own your product category.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of competitive & market information including product catalogs, price lists, current promotions, new product introductions and regulatory issues.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and other industry events as necessary to stay abreast of market and industry trends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related area
- 3-5 years experience in Marketing/Sales roles(s)
- Position requires accomplished analytic, written, verbal and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated track record of achievements in positions or increasing responsibilities, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Willingness to travel 25-30% of the time.
- Proficiency in PC skills including MS Office and Internet usage is required.