Principal Concept Design Engineer
A Principal Concept Engineer at Milwaukee Tool is part of the leading edge of discovery and new product innovation. If you're an inventor, a dreamer, a maker, and have an unparalleled passion to create new and interesting solutions to address user needs, and you have an extensive portfolio of consumer products you've designed and developed, we want you to work for us.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Our Principal Concept Engineers are hands-on, creative spirits that can see past perceived barriers and use that mentality to uncover new ways of thinking to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. As part of a cross-functional team composed of equally motivated Design Researchers, Industrial Designers, and other Concept Engineers, you will work to uncover unmet user needs, ideate creative ways to solve the unmet needs, and act as the technical expert in the creation and execution of the ideas into concepts.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in local and regional field research and user centered design process. Define benefits that are critical to our users and build prototypes to execute on those benefits.
- Work closely with other core competencies within the organization (Marketing, Reliability, Testing, Rapid Prototyping) to develop best in class products.
- Critically evaluate product designs considering user needs, durability, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Effectively lead small teams through ideation and problem-solving activities.
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and design tasks including but not limited to:
- Translating user observations to insights
- Rapid Prototype development ranging from low fidelity to looks-like/works-like
- 3D modeling in NX or SolidWorks
- Engineering Analyses: thermal, mechanical, CFD, motion
- Basic understanding and use of GD&T a benefit
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering Technology, and/or Engineering Physics
- Minimum of 10 years on a Front-End Innovation Team with a proven track record of creativity and invention in the Consumer Products Market
- Strong, current knowledge of engineering trends within the discipline
- Ability to provide sound guidance to the organization on future technical direction
- Can foresee beneficial step-change improvements and different methods for solving problems
- Expert level mechanical aptitude based on experience including a broad knowledge of mechanisms, engineering materials, mechanical properties, and manufacturing processes
- Ability to present and defend methods and conclusions of development process
- Proficiency in various computer skills including Microsoft Office Tools
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Personal attributes: highly motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, dynamic
- Superior communication skills
- Engaged team member with a hands-on attitude
- Not afraid to fail in order to learn
- Craves giving and receiving real time feedback and criticism
- High interest in, and experience with, the tools of the trade
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.