Milwaukee Tool is seeking an experienced Dyno Technician to join our team to focus on New Product Development.
Milwaukee is an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of heavy-duty, portable electric power tools, accessories, and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
Since its founding in 1924, Milwaukee has focused on a single vision: To produce the best heavy-duty electric power tools and accessories available to the professional user. Today, the Milwaukee name stands for the highest quality, most durable and most reliable professional tools money can buy.
Milwaukee continues to set industry standards, targeting professional tool users of all types with a product line that includes more than 500 tools, 3,500 accessories and 200 hand tools. Throughout its history, Milwaukee's commitment to quality has remained steadfast. Quality is instilled using state-of-the-art technologies and sophisticated manufacturing techniques.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Day in the Life
As a Technician for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you tested from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support new product design teams through test development, data analysis, and competitor benchmarking for product HP, Torque, efficiency, and Thermal Profile data.
- Perform critical product testing and analyze the test data to provide advice on product improvements
- Prepare and maintain a variety of reports; manage documentation control systems
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of a product design
- Maintain test procedures and equipment according to departmental procedures
- Assist with fixture design, specifically for dynamometer and thermal testing
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and act as a technical resource to the Motor Design Team.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2-Year Technical Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technician or similar field preferred.
- 1-4 years of experience in related dyno testing field; motors and/or engines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- High interest in tools of the trade.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn basic motor theory of Brushless and Brushed PMDC and AC motors.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn new dyno technology for electric and small gas engines