Operations Project Leader - Advanced Manufacturing
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Operations Project Leader is responsible for managing multiple moderate to highly complex engineering and operations projects with minimal direction. Individuals in this position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of projects.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Provides leadership over moderate to highly complex design projects. Provides direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Review work of engineers and other project team members.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering and operations projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion. Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations.
- Drives operational readiness through a cross functional project team.
- Analyzes, evaluates and selects from manufacturing alternatives to best meet objectives for capital, cost, capacity and timing.
- Accountable for technical elements of project execution including integration of equipment, tooling, capability reviews, manufacturing process and safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for product development phase progressions.
- Identifies project risks and implements risk reduction plans.
- Interacts extensively with manufacturing plants and outside suppliers to achieve project goals.
- Complies with all METCo procedures covering new product development and design output in addition to procedures of non-engineering departments related to project flow.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Schedules, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- May occasionally recommend changes to existing standards and procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of competitive offerings and the general business climate in the power tool industry.
- Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, although will provide input for performance appraisals for Advanced Manufacturing and cross functional project team members. Also oversees day-to-day activities of project team members.
- Willing to travel 10-25%
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational studies. Formal project management training preferred.
- Minimum 7 years engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low-moderate complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- Must possess a high level of Manufacturing/Industrial engineering aptitude including a broad knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Must have a working design knowledge of a wide variety of the technologies associated with Milwaukee products. Must be able to personally conduct detailed analyses, or recognize the need and seek the appropriate expertise to achieve the desired results.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Ability to draft compressive test plans and specifications.
- CAD Skill Level: Basic 2D
- Geometric Tolerancing: basic understanding
- Tolerance Analysis: Statistical
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.