Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Under the direction of and reporting to the VP of Advanced Manufacturing you will be commissioning, stabilizing and producing product on new to the world manufacturing lines in a pilot plant setting. You will be required to plan, direct, manage and coordinate engineering personnel, department structure and resources involved in the development of new products or the enhancement/value engineering of existing products. Establish manufacturing standard time values and gather data for the analysis of manufacturing processes and costs on complex and involved projects and make recommendation from the analysis. Prepare recommendations and analyses for the development of new or improved manufacturing processes to execute sustainable breakthrough and cost out improvements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the manufacturing departments' personnel: develop and motivate highly competent, responsive engineering staff and plan for future expertise needs.
- Direct timely and profitable production of product to meet scheduled demand
- Work as a key member of the Advanced Manufacturing Operations team in the strategic planning process with a primary focus on achieving new product development goals, quality initiatives, and cost/manufacturing improvements.
- Consult with other facility managers and Corporate to coordinate activities, participate in planning objectives and implementation.
- Instill and maintain a strong 5S culture and appearance within the department
- Lead mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with engineering, manufacturing and other cross functional teams.
- Direct department's management team in the development of new product process strategies, plans and improvement initiatives and other general management and administrative activities.
- Provides management review and control of all operations work including product development, staff assignments, and the application of engineering principles throughout the company.
- Responsible for setting manufacturing goals and objectives in alignment and support of corporate objectives.
- Oversee multiple, concurrent product development projects to ensure delivery of products on schedule, on spec and on budget. Establish priorities to ensure that timetables and cost projections are met.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including pay administration, budget administration, development of employees, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the department.
- Accountable for the implementation and enforcement of all company policies dealing with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan compliance.
- Support of OPEX metrics and continuous improvement initiatives.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test process extremes and build a robust risk assessment analysis matrix to ensure project success.
- Able to effectively manage a technical team and provide technical guidance on complex initiatives to achieve project goals.
- Provide technical advice to correlate manufacturing efforts to improve productivity.
- Creative, agile and an innovative One Team approach to problem solving is critical to be successful in this position.
- Identify short and long-range goals that will allow capitalization of the dominance of current product lines as well as the introduction of new products and technologies.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Advanced Industrial or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 10 years engineering leadership related experience is required.
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and related activities such as fixture design, metal working, welding, brazing, and grinding.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, up to 25%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.