Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Mechanical
Date Posted: 5/6/2021
The primary responsibility for the Designer 2 will be to design creative CAD models using Siemens NX (Unigraphics).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create CAD models using Siemens NX (Unigraphics) incorporating complex surfacing.
- Prepare layouts and basic design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components.
- Support Engineers in analysis, research, and solution of low to moderate technical problems
- Work from general specifications to create original layouts of all products, including complex products.
- Design components such as die castings, plastic molded parts, sheet metal stampings and screw machine parts.
- Make detail drawings and/or CAD models of components and subassemblies.
- Understand basic dimensioning and tolerancing calculations that may include assemblies with two or more parts and/or where moving parts must not interfere with fixed parts.
- Understand geometric and form tolerance dimensioning.
- Ability to assemble tools/mechanisms with limited support
- Perform some testing requiring little or no instrumentation.
- From general information prepare drawings, product BOM's and Change Notices for release and/or change distribution.
- Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information; this may require use of some simple instrumentation or measuring devices.
- Provide recommendations to Engineers and/or other functional representatives.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
- Provide CAD guidance to other Engineering staff.
- Technical Associate Degree and/or a minimum of 3 years of experience in designing computer modeling
- Advanced CAD skills and Advanced mechanical design skills required and the ability and passion to develop creative design solutions.
- Siemens NX or similar 3D CAD software experience
- Requires prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools.
- Must understand the application of Milwaukee products.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Strong mechanical design skills and ability to develop creative design solutions.
- Hands on experience with hand held power tools is a plus
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.