Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Mechanical
Date Posted: 6/8/2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare layouts and basic design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components using Siemens NX (Unigraphics)
- Assist the Engineer in charge with the analysis of research and engineering problems.
- Work from general specifications to create original layouts of all but the most complex products.
- Design components such as die castings, plastic molded parts, sheet metal stampings and screw machine parts.
- Make detail drawings and/or CAD models of components and subassemblies.
- Understand dimensioning and tolerancing calculations. Understand and be able to apply geometric and form tolerance dimensioning.
- Assist in the acquisition and analysis of information and test data pertaining to research concepts, products, designs, subassemblies and components.
- From general information prepare drawings, product BOM's and Change Notices for release and/or change distribution.
- Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information for evaluation by Engineers. Perform some testing requiring little or no instrumentation.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
- Developing ability to perform surface modeling
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a technical Associate Degree and a minimum of 6 months experience in designing, drafting and computer modeling and related technical assignments.
- Prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Strong mechanical design skills and ability to develop creative design solutions.
- Siemens NX or similar 3D CAD software experience
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.