INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in a mix of mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to design and develop leadership in motor capabilities. We create Best-in-Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive hands-on testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Designer II is a part of our Outdoor Power Equipment group and will support Engineering working from specifications to create original layouts, basic design drawings, and CAD models of Milwaukee Tool's products, subassemblies, and components. You will hone your Designer skills to become an expert along with growing your leadership abilities to mentor more junior designers.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Create CAD models using Siemens NX (Unigraphics) incorporating complex surfacing.
- Design components such as die castings, plastic molded parts, sheet metal stampings and screw machine parts.
- Perform basic dimensioning and tolerancing calculations of multiple part assemblies where moving parts must not interfere with fixed parts.
- Assemble tools/mechanisms with limited support.
- Prepare drawings, product BOMs and change notices for release and/or change distribution.
- Support Engineers in analysis, research, and solution of low to moderate technical issues.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
- Provide design recommendations and/or solutions to Engineering team members.
- Understand geometric and form tolerance dimensioning.
- Perform testing to analyze prototype and competitive tools to measure and record data/information for evaluation by Engineers.
- Provide CAD guidance and expertise to other Engineering team members.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in designing, drafting, and computer modeling.
- Surfacing experience.
- Ability to develop creative design solution through advanced CAD and mechanical design skills.
- Siemens NX or similar 3D CAD software experience.
- Experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.