Test Engineer - Mechanical
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design and develop automated systems for testing and new product development.
- Create CAD models and drawings of system assemblies, components and products.
- Perform FEA on critical mechanical components and assemblies.
- Specify material, surface finish, heat treatment and coatings based on stresses, tolerances and applications.
- Research and prototype advanced testing concepts.
- Design electrical panel layouts, sensor mounts and wire routing for test systems/machines.
- Mechanically integrate control devices, position sensing, and force measurement.
- Design self-monitoring mechanical systems incorporating such elements as force, torque and velocity to detect failures.
- Assist in the building, testing, programming, and integration of automated fixtures.
- Create system documentation including BOM, operational instructions, and maintenance schedules.
- Create hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
- Prepare and submit work orders, purchase requisitions, and expedite tooling projects to assure timely completion.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Review and thoroughly understand product function and design specifications.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology.
- Assist with training other team members as necessary and requested.
- Troubleshoot systems and provide report on root cause and recommendations
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Experience in mechanical design utilizing CAD, SolidWorks or NX-Unigraphics.
- Experience with programming languages such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C, ladder logic, assembly preferred.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, data acquisition and performance calculations preferred.
- Knowledge of mechatronics incorporating hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical components.
- Proficient with power tools and hands-on skills.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.