Sr. Firmware DevOps Engineer
Date Posted: 4/12/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 4/12/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Firmware DevOps Engineer drives initiatives to maintain and continuously improve our embedded software development operations, processes, and systems used in power tools and battery systems. You will interface and communicate with cross-functional teams such as Embedded Software Development, IT Development, Operations along with business and process owners.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Perform a technical lead role and drive the execution of projects to support the long-term DevOps roadmap and vision.
- Monitor and ensure tools and processes are scalable and stable.
- Partner with the embedded systems design and test teams to automate and reduce repetitive tasks.
- Gather stakeholder and customer input to close the feedback loop throughout the development lifecycle.
- Quickly and effectively diagnose and propose solutions for technical issues in development systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work and driving to critical milestones.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers. Grow the ability to lead and manage a small team.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Practical experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of verification systems in a mixed hardware/software environment.
- Highly collaborative work style with demonstrated ability to both lead and follow.
- Understands software development practices for microcontroller, desktop, server, and cloud applications.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Powershell, C/C++, various scripting languages.
- Experience using Jenkins, Bamboo, or other CI/CD software.
- Knowledge of Puppet, Docker, or similar configuration management tools.
- Familiar with reporting software such as Microsoft PowerBI or IBM Cognos.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with firmware, embedded software, or embedded systems.
- Mentoring and leadership experience.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.