Milwaukee Electric Tool has an opening for a Sr. Designer! As the Sr. Designer for Milwaukee Tool, you will work on the New Product Development team.
The primary responsibility for the Sr. Designer will be to design creative CAD models using Siemens NX (Unigraphics).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create CAD models using Siemens NX (Unigraphics) incorporating complex surfacing.
- Prepare layouts and basic design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components.
- Complete analysis and research of low to moderate technical problems.
- Provide possible solutions to these problems to Engineers.
- Work from general specifications to create original layouts of all products, including complex products.
- Design components such as die castings, plastic molded parts, sheet metal stampings and screw machine parts.
- Make detail drawings and/or CAD models of components and subassemblies.
- Understand advanced dimensioning and tolerancing calculations that may include assemblies with five or more parts and/or where moving parts must not interfere with fixed parts.
- Understand and be able to apply geometric and form tolerance dimensioning.
- Ability to assemble/disassemble tools and mechanisms to assist with testing
- Perform some testing requiring little or no instrumentation.
- Analyze information obtained from testing and provide analysis to Engineer.
- From general information prepare drawings, product BOM's and Change Notices for release and/or change distribution.
- Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information; this may require use of some simple instrumentation or measuring devices.
- Provide recommendations to Engineers and/or other functional representatives.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
- Provide guidance and CAD expertise to other Engineering staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a technical Associate Degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience in designing computer modeling
- Advanced CAD skills and Advanced mechanical design skills required and the ability and passion to develop creative design solutions.
- Siemens NX or similar 3D CAD software experience
- Requires prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools.
- Must understand the application of Milwaukee products.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Advanced mechanical design skills and ability to develop creative design solutions.
- Hands on experience with hand held power tools is a plus