Under the direction of and reporting to the Senior Sourcing Manager of a Milwaukee Tool, primary duties are to support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies related to applicable indirect categories and ongoing supplier relationship management. Scope primarily includes purchased services and indirect products. Develop and execute cost reduction plans to meet or exceed stated objectives. Own supplier relationships including negotiations, business awards, contracting (including development agreements), scorecards, risk mitigation, and problem resolution (capacity/cost/quality).
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality. Tasks and projects that address broader organization-wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes cross functionally aligned global sourcing strategies for assigned Categories. Identifies, develops, prioritizes, and aligns resources to implement the strategies
- Draft, negotiates and manages complex business agreements and contracts
- Manage the entire lifecycle of sourcing & procurement projects, working closely with suppliers and internal customers from planning & bid preparation to budget/forecasting, general delivery specs, negotiation, contracting, invoicing, and reporting
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations and bids. Conduct, analyze, and share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost, commanding best overall cost and commercial terms
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to gather and/or understand the requirements of their procurement needs; facilitate communication between business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers
- Must be able to quickly identify and obtain expertise in assigned categories and understand the relevant manufacturing, ordering, and/or service processes and capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
- Evaluate existing sources for applicable capabilities, quality systems, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness, responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation
- Manage supplier relationship including communicating risks/opportunities with cross functional teams. Make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs, and materials to reduce costs and supply risks
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials, and services. Implement and manage long-term agreements which deliver best in class quality, delivery, and total cost
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies, and rectify other related problems, as needed
- Facilitate business reviews with key suppliers
- Builds partnerships with internal stakeholders and ensures there is an understanding of procurement needs
- Identify process improvement opportunities and partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficiencies
Job Skills Requirements
- Exhibits strong negotiating skills and demonstrates proven success negotiating, implementing, and managing complex supply contracts including (Joint) Development Agreements and Supply Agreements.
- Demonstrates attributes of being a determined individual.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field.
- Specific course-work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable.
- CPM/CPSM certification a plus.
- MBA a plus.
- Five or more years sourcing or related experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities.
- Strategic sourcing experience with indirect spend categories including sales and marketing desirable.
- Experience sourcing capital equipment, tooling, and other indirect spend categories.
- International sourcing/supply chain development a plus.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 25%).