Manager Client Engineering
The Client Engineering team is responsible for the development, management and automation of solutions required to operate all segments of the business. The scope includes all laptops, desktops, digital signage, teleconferencing solutions, mobile devices, printers, and automated software distribution. This individual will lead a team of engineers that design, procure, deliver, provision, configure, and support our client-facing infrastructure. Additionally, this individual will manage the delivery of IT Service Desk (ITSD) services and will be accountable for supporting and evolving IT Service Management (ITSM) capabilities.
The Manager IT Client Engineering's primary responsibility is to provide leadership to the Client Engineering Team, ensuring solutions are aligned with business needs.
This leader will identify both current and future business needs and will rapidly build, test, and deploy solutions accordingly.
- Vision and Strategy -- Responsible for the client device procurement, configuration, deployment, and management strategy. Create a multi-year roadmap to evolve client-related services.
- Team Building and Staff Development -- Manage a highly capable technical team, continue developing this talent, and recruit new talent as necessary in support of business needs.
- Communication and Partnerships -- Builds partnerships throughout the entire organization. Brings both technical depth and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple layers of the organization.
- Maintenance and Support -- Supports, enhances, and provides education on the tools and systems used by IT to deliver client-related services. Identifies and implements future state solutions in support of evolving business needs.
- Continuous Improvement -- Focuses team on root cause analysis and pattern identification to provide reliable services and solutions. Builds automation and tooling to assist with compliance, problem alerting, and automated remediation.
- Budget Management -- Constructs annual budget, identifies value-generating opportunities, and ensures spend is managed accordingly.
- Vendor Management -- Manages service levels and costs across multiple staff augmentation and managed service partners.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing an IT infrastructure team or providing technical leadership within the Client Engineering space.
- Minimum 5 years' experience building and supporting client-specific technologies.
- industry-standard imaging and deployment tools such as SCCM
- One or more automated scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Mobile Device Management solutions such as Intune or Jamf
- Enterprise monitoring and analysis solutions such as Orion
- Minimum 3 years' experience implementing, supporting, and improving IT Service Management (ITSM) capabilities.
- Minimum 3 years' experience directly or indirectly leading an IT Service Desk.
- Demonstrated success building relationships with Executive leaders, peers, reports, business partners and vendors.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.