Sr. Test Engineer - Technical Lead
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Project teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis fabrics, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead direct reports, including planning, organizing, and measuring the work performed.
- Support new product design teams through test development, test execution, data analysis, and competitor benchmarking.
- Provide advice for improving current testing methods.
- Use robust statistical methods to interpret performance data and make formal recommendations to product design teams.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Lead the maintenance of test procedures and equipment.
- Perform test requests per specifications during design phase of new products.
- Prepare efficient test procedures from test specifications.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of reports; manage documentation control systems.
- Act as technical resource to other departments to address and resolve test and scheduling issues.
- Provide feedback to cross functional team members for performance reviews.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering lab environment with leadership experience
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical methods.
- Must possess knowledge of engineering materials used in power tools along with a familiarity of the mechanical/electrical properties of these materials.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Test and Measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, measuring techniques, data acquisition and performance calculations.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.