Milwaukee Tool is growing! To support our growth, we are looking to hire an Sr. HR Generalist to assist in executing business initiatives assigned by the Talent Management leader. Multiple positions available! This role will support leadership in people planning and in formulating recommendations to achieve favorable outcomes within their assigned business unit.
You will excite us if:
You are passionate and energetic. You enjoy working on numerous things at once and at a very quick pace. You build collaborative relationships across the organization are a key influencer and trusted advisor in your role.
What's in it for you?
Milwaukee Tool has been recognized as one of Glassdoor's 2020 Top Places to Work and BizTimesMedia's Milwaukee's Best in Business 2020 Corporation of the Year! We offer a chance to truly make a difference in a fast paced, innovative environment. You can help us disrupt the industry we compete in! Learn more about our culture here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Performance Management & Employee Relations:
- Maintain positive employee relations by creating a responsive, open environment, where employee feel safe to speak up.
- Support the performance management process creating a culture of continuous coaching and feedback.
- Act as first escalation point for employee relation issues within the business unit.
- Facilitate the off-boarding process.
- Keep the leaders informed of issues that could jeopardize the achievement of company goals and partner to develop a plan to address any concerns.
- Conduct and document internal investigations resulting from employee complaints.
- Provide support to assist in executing Milwaukee Tool's listening strategies (i.e. engagement survey, skip level meetings, exit interviews, stay interviews, action planning, and leader accountability)
- Assist in maintaining employee retention strategies (i.e. how will we keep our employees engaged, how will it be measured, and how will leaders be held accountable?)
- Partner with Talent Development and leaders to carry out actions within the Talent Review Process
- Year End Review
- Functional Talent Org Reviews
- Development Program Opportunities
- Supports Talent Mobility:
- Own the internal talent mobility process for assigned business unit -- assessments, feedback, compensation recommendations
- Post and communicates internal job opportunities
- Assist in providing candidates to hiring mangers
- Assist in interview logistics
- Partner with leaders to recommend and create offers
- Maintain job descriptions
- Partner with leaders to develop a communication and implement deliverables for business transformations.
- Conduct follow-ups with HR Partners in support of business changes.
- Partner with Talent Operations to monitor total compensation for the jobs within the business units you support.
- Execute organizational structure changes for teams or department.
- Support and participate in the process to create job families and career paths in each department.
- Support compliance related projects.
- Address employee issues and work with management to ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed uniformly across the organization.
- Provide ad hoc reporting.
- Provide monthly reports and analysis on various employee data as requested by leadership.
- Organize, complete and present projects as assigned by leadership within specified time frames.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of HR experience required; 5 or more years in a generalist capacity preferred
- Workday experience, highly preferred.
- Good communication, problem solving, and organizational skills are required.
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
- Must have strong business acumen and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications necessary.
- Some travel may be required.