Milwaukee Tool is undergoing a complete digital transformation and continuing our push to be even more cutting edge!
Milwaukee Tool is looking for a Senior User Experience Strategist within the Ebusiness team whose thought leadership and voice of the end-user will drive direction and guidance to business units and development teams.
Ideal candidates are outstanding collaborators that thrive in a fast-paced, agile work environment. Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication, are requirements.
The candidate will shape the future iterations of the web and software products using a mobile first emphasis. Individuals should be driven and possess experienced leadership qualities to understand, research, and deliver the voice of the end-user to Brand Digital teams specifically website development teams.
The Senior User Experience Brand Strategist at Milwaukee Tool is responsible for designing the interactive relationship between brand and user. This is achieved by crafting a meaningful connection of physical and digital experiences for the Brand Marketing team through Milwaukee's professional product line.
- Drive cohesion across Milwaukee's digital product lines by driving the voice of the end-user within the Brand Department.
- Focus on mobile solutions through research and design prototyping
- Collaborate with business unit product managers and the digital product teams to understand key objectives and strategize solutions.
- Conduct and Report on extensive user research using proven methodologies and best practices.
- Elevate human factor awareness within the department.
- Communicate design intent and help drive towards KPRs and objectives the development and design teams can execute on.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with cross-functional UX/UI design resources as needed.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional project teams to identify end user needs and synthesize research findings. Filter outcomes through brand characteristics that results in usable solutions that are true to the Milwaukee Tool brand.
- Observe and analyze existing Brand space and explore new solutions that align with the high-level objectives of the department and project managers.
- Ability to utilize current technologies (Miro, Mural, Photoshop, Usertesting.com, etc) as well as business relationships to provide data to execute on objectives, identify opportunities, and help provide digital solutions
- Analyze competitive markets and advise on industry best practices.
- Create user experience artifacts (journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, high or low fidelity designs and prototypes) to express design intent of mobile on-screen interactions.
- Create prototypes to conduct virtual and in-person usability testing with end users and share findings with brand leadership, web project manager, design team and stakeholders
- Present prototype and design work to agile web development teams, design teams, and internal stakeholders for review and feedback.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Strong experience with mobile UX design and research, UI design and prototyping, graphic design, or comparable research and/or design roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, User Experience, Graphic Design, or similar.
- Must provide a portfolio of work demonstrating relevant experience with mobile visual communication, information architecture, digital strategy, and/or user research/usability testing.
- Skilled Experience in standard design and wireframing tools (Adobe CC, Adobe XD, Sketch, Axure, Microsoft Office)
- This position may require domestic travel.