Sr Database Administrator, IT
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Milwaukee Tool is looking for a Senior Database Administrator. We are looking for someone that is detail-oriented and passionate about everything data.
A successful candidate will combine strong technical abilities with leadership skills to deliver business value in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment. They will be self-driven, capable of effective collaborate with different technical and non-technical stakeholders, an experienced mentor, a steward of best practices, and seek to deliver successfully against high operational standards.
- Primary responsibilities will be to maintain the various servers, tune performance, and manage day to day processes within Milwaukee Electric Tool's (MET) various SQL environments, and support key projects with little or no direction from leadership and potentially significant collaboration with peers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex problems and make recommendations.
- Able to coach or direct work of others
- Work with support teams on both internal & external developed applications to insure data and process integrity
- Install, monitor and support SQL server instances including SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS components
- Install, monitor, and support various High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Install, monitor, and support various Azure solutions including: Data Factory, Data Lake, SQL Managed Instance, SQL DB, Analysis Services
- Create new databases and overwrite test databases with copies of production databases while maintaining proper security
- Manage SQL Server authentication using both SQL logins & AD groups; enforce principle of least privilege while providing necessary data access
- Backup/recover/rollback production, test, and development databases environments
- Work with both virtualized and physical installations of SQL
- Troubleshoot application database connectivity, SQL server issues, query performance, SQL HA/DR (Always On) and other issues in production, QC and development environments. Coordinate/implement production fixes, or advise the application owner/developer, as appropriate.
- Monitor & manage data storage capacity of production and pre-production SQL Servers to support database growth and coordinate drive expansions with operation & user teams
- Write T-SQL code and stored procedures to monitor, automate and support DBA tasks
- Advanced or expert knowledge in these skills: Clustering/mirroring/Always-On experience, index optimization for OLTP and OLAP, SQL Server 2012/2016/2017, backups, storage, archiving, performance analytics and SQL DMVs, schema analysis and documentation, query tuning, SQL, and experience tuning SQL Server.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop solutions working with business or IT.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large portfolio of work and prioritize appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter in proactively looking for opportunities to create an environment that is highly stable and performant.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively look for development opportunities for self and team development.
- Experience with both virtual and physical servers.
- Experience administering SQL that supports ERP, Warehouse Management applications, and other transactional systems.
- Required to be On-Call for database support
- Nights, weekends, and non-regular hours may be required
Education & Business Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in database administration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.