Sr. Distribution Manager
Olive Branch, Mississippi
At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success. One of our most critical teams is the team at our Distribution Center. Every day, this team is on the front lines making sure our customers receive the right products at the right time. As part of this team, you'll help carry out the logistics of receiving, processing, storing, and shipping our products.
We are an inclusive workplace that encourages diversity of thought, experience, and background to solve complex problems as one team. Every employee is encouraged to continuously improve and grow, and it is a top priority for managers to develop their teams, making a wide range of internal development opportunities available to all employees.
We are One Team, overcoming obstacles together and celebrating together. Come be part of a winning team that feels like family.
To learn more about our story click HERE.
Team Member Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance along with a 401(K) program, a wellness program, fitness center, PTO, and much more
- Access to a free on-site wellness clinic for all full-time employees and their dependents who are enrolled in our healthcare plan
- Career advancement opportunities
The Sr. Distribution Manager is responsible for safety, productivity and quality in a multi-site, high-volume distribution center. Ensures operations meets on-time shipping requirements for a large customer base via truckload, LTL and parcel shipments. Directly responsibility for all facets of the operation on an off-shift including management of multiple first-line supervisors and hundreds of hourly employees.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Embrace, demonstrate, and require Milwaukee Culture to be the most significant driver of daily operations and interactions
- Manage a team of supervisors and managers to support 3 facilities including inbound operations, picking, outbound operations and cycle counting
- Develop and manage continuous improvement and cost savings projects, accountable to coordinate cross-functional resources, as well as monitoring, meeting, and reporting project deliverables
- Prepare reports and statistics of on-time shipments, fill rate, shipment accuracy and safety
- Build the skills of all Functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools, cultural change leadership and strategy deployment
- Contribute to the design and improve new and existing process flows to meet increased annual demand
- Manage multiple product flows to ensure on-time shipment of products
- Ensure alignment across the organizational on safety and resource requirements for all projects as well as ensuring all changes are fully integrated
- Provide feedback and insight to supervisors and hourly associates on a regular basis to facilitate continuous improvement and employee growth and development
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations and protocols.
- Work closely with senior leadership team and support functions to improve processes and performance
- Provide Innovative Solutions to facilitate problem solving
- Build Organizational Capacity
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; Quality Management; or Production & Operations Management
- 5+ years leading distribution teams
- Must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of distribution principals, WMS, and Automation Systems
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and logic thinking skills to understand and analyze complex business processes; and demonstrate skills in the understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Communication Tools, & Problem Solving
- Must have excellent organizational skills and possess knowledge of production systems and techniques
- Must have great verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills