Senior Electrical Hardware Engineer
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Electrical Hardware Engineer will be focused on developing future technologies for Milwaukee Tool's market space. Responsibilities include evaluation of key technologies and maturity level for target product categories and applications, development of technology to acceptable levels for transition to product teams, and establishing and maintaining relationships with key vendors.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Assessment of emerging technology market space to fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives.
- Develop plans to evaluate and develop emerging technology maturity for product development.
- Design and develop prototype systems for evaluation.
- Establish and execute test regimens for evaluation of new technology.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, logic analyzers, and data acquisition systems.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 8+ years of hands-on embedded hardware design experience.
- Broad expertise in sensing technologies, sensor integration, and analog/digital interfaces.
- Knowledge of overall SOC system design and requirements.
- Hands on experience and familiarity with embedded communications such as SPI, I2C, ADC, USB, CAN, LIN, and other serial communication protocols.
- Responsible for schematic design and capture.
- Rapid prototyping is key.
- Board bring-up/debug/test.
- Functional assessment via data collection and analysis, PC apps.
- Experience and familiarity with SPICE simulation tools, MATLAB, or equivalent.
- The candidate must be highly motivated to work in R&D type environment; be self-driven, multi-disciplined, and an out-of-the-box thinker.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- C and C++ programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
- Knowledge of firmware development tools and processes.
- Wireless design knowledge (WIFI/BT)- RF/Antenna design.
- Experience and familiarity with any of the following:
- Augmented Reality
- Machine learning
- Power electronics design and control
- Other sensors (magnetoresistive, magnetometers, strain gauge, hall effect, range/LIDAR, Radar)
- Current sensing applications utilizing current transformer, Rogowski coils, hall sensors, or magnetoresistive devices
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.