HR Manager - Weekend Shift
Olive Branch, Mississippi
What does a great Human Resources Manager look like?
Our HR Mgr will be excited by the variety of work and thrive in the tremendously fast paced environment.
**Please note this position will work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Hours can be flexible on those days.
You will excite us if:
You enjoy working on many things at once and at a very quick pace. You build collaborative relationships across the organization and are a key influencer and trusted advisor in your role.
What's in it for you?
Milwaukee Tool is recognized on the 2020 Glassdoor's Top Places to Work! We offer a chance to truly make a difference in a fast paced, innovative environment. You will help us disrupt the industry we compete in!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Employee Relations
- Identify and monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes a positive employee experience.
- Assist employees and supervisors through challenging situations
- Resolve escalated employee issues
- Support assigned teams through biannual performance management processes creating a culture of coaching and improvement
- Partner with location leadership and recommend policy/practice improvements
- Organizational Change
- Engage with Talent Development in supporting an organizational transition
- Manage salaried promotion process -- assessments, feedback, compensation recommendations
- Partner with Talent Operations to create job families, career paths, and salary grades for facility
- Performance Management / Talent Review Process
- Facilitate the Talent Review Process for the location
- Coach leaders on the appropriate actions required to respond to employee performance concerns
- Talent Mobility / Attraction
- Lead the internal talent mobility process to align the workforce to strategic business needs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition & business leaders to identify staffing needs within each business unit
- Employee Retention
- Support location leadership in the execution of the listening strategy (i.e. engagement survey, skip level meetings, exit interviews, stay interviews, action planning, and leader accountability)
- Partner with leadership to develop employee retention strategies
Education and Experience Requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience in Human Resources, previous experience in a manufacturing facility is strongly preferred
- Up-to- date knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Strong customer focus with ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and organized
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgement and diplomacy
- Some travel may be required