The Director - Asia Project Management (PMO) leads development and deployment of key enterprise-wide, strategic initiatives within Asia Operations and Engineering. This position is based out of Dongguan, China. The Director leads a team of Project leaders that direct cross-functional team members throughout the project(s) which typically have a 3-18mo. duration. This role is responsible for managing multiple, moderate to highly complex and potentially under-defined, projects in parallel with minimal direction.
This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced, operations and engineering environment of the Asia. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with proven "big picture" vision, problem solving and change management experience, in various transactional processes including supply chain, marketing, finance, sales and IT; also able to cross-functionally lead through influence as well as build and maintain key relationships.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Objectives:
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters and governance documents. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility with different business units, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance. At times, taking step back to evaluate against business and departmental big picture.
- Leads a team of Project Leaders and acts as mentor and coach as well as key decision maker for key strategic and tactical decisions.
- Schedules, develops agendas for, and facilitates project meetings. Documentation of discussion with action items effectively captured is shared shortly thereafter.
- Track project schedules keeping visibility to team members and stakeholders, to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Provide multiple "what-if" scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well-rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios. Acts as voice of reason and change agent as required by business problem and required solution.
- Determines appropriate level of stress testing to place on project improvement initiative to prove reliability of improvement or change. Works with business to develop these test plans and methodologies
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance and consistency.
- Identify and escalate (when needed) key project hurdles or roadblocks
- Develop and deliver project fundamental training to all levels of organization as needed (advocate of project management methodologies). Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring.
- Primary location: Dongguan, China. Asia regional travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- Minimum 5-7 years related project management experience
- Proven leader, coach, and mentor for medium size team (3-10 direct reports)
- Previous facilitator and coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced data analysis or statistical skills in MS Excel, Minitab, Pareto, Control charts, PowerPivot, and/or VBA
- Master's Degree pertinent to any cross functional business interactions
- Six Sigma Certification or training
- Success in managing multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions and working effectively in a matrix environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills in an executive setting.
- Track record of success with cross functional teams, driving change and implementing new processes that significantly improve sales effectiveness.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility.
- Innovative problem solver-resolve issues and challenges with strong sense of urgency.
- PMP or PMI Certification
- EDI, ERP, Distribution, and/or Inventory Management experience