At Milwaukee Tool, we strive for operational excellence to deliver best-in-class products that exceed the needs of our end users. We achieve this by cultivating a culture to hire, reward, mentor and grow 'Exceptional People.'
The Set-Up A Technician supports the production by setting up, adjusting, and troubleshooting machines in the Machine Shop. The Setup A Technician will perform independent operation of various CNC machines, will maintain machine operations, perform independent tool changes and set-up without assistance. Set-up A Technician will also have the ability to cycle through proven and unproven programs to obtain first article without assistance on multiple machine types. This position is responsible for training other set-up technicians as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up, adjust, troubleshoot, and maintain all production equipment
- Training of other set-up personnel and on-the-job training for operators as needed
- Complete 1st piece inspection prior to release for production
- Identify and report potential risks (safety or production) to ensure proper operation and minimal interruptions to scheduling
- Organizing and maintaining the order and cleanliness of equipment, storage areas and the Machine Shop as a whole
- Other duties and projects as determined by production and business needs
- Independent setup / operation of various types of CNC machines to include but not limited to 2, 3, 4, and 5 axis machines.
- Requires a working knowledge of blueprint interpretation and of specifications including GD&T.
- Requires the ability to use technical data and apply to machining application such as SFM, RPM, IPM, IPR and chip load, etc.
- Requires a working knowledge and the ability to use micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
- Will have the ability to cycle through proven and unproven programs, make program edits and obtain first article without assistance on multiple machine types.
- Requires routine maintenance of machines including oil and lubrication.
- Requires the ability to work and interact well with others.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Four (4) years of previous experience, and/or equivalent training and experience required
- Must be capable of performing all operations in the area of responsibility
- Leadership quality communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills required
- Fork truck certification, overhead crane, CNC programing, understanding of PLC programming
- Established ability to identify and communicate issues and offer proposed solutions
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Ability to manage interruptions in a professional and respectful manner is essential
- Above basic math skills and reasoning ability