Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Quality/Reliability
Date Posted: 1/19/2021
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform diverse and complex electrical and mechanical tests on research concepts, the Company's line of products and competitive products as they relate to Regulatory compliance and/or product safety. Perform tests using a variety of electrical and mechanical test equipment and techniques to test products and components, including switches, electronic controls, electric motors, insulation systems, plastics, batteries, chargers, test and measurement products, etc.
- Prepare thorough, timely and accurate technical reports on test performed utilizing a PC with word processing, database, spreadsheet and statistical/graphical software.
- Responsible for maintaining test equipment in good working order and in calibration. Design and build test fixtures as needed. Create drawings as needed to support projects and equipment.
- Assist, as needed, in obtaining annual lab certification to ISO/IEC 17025.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to an technical Associate Degree and one to three years experience with test equipment, test procedures and methods, mechanical/electrical principles.
- Knowledge of test concepts in the design and development of Milwaukee's products.
- Knowledge of P.C. hardware and software. Ability to program in visual basic and LabVIEW is a plus
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.