Principal Electrical Engineer - NPD Team Lead
Date Posted: 6/1/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 6/1/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Principal Electrical Engineer -- New Product Development will lead a team of Embedded System and Power Electronics Engineers focused on delivering new power tool technologies and products to the market. You will be responsible for strategic roadmap planning, resource allocation and scope management, oversight of technical reviews/design decisions, and process improvements/change management. This includes collaborating with Marketing, Project Management, Firmware and Mechanical Engineering, and Global Manufacturing Operations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership as well as a solid background in the design of electronic circuits and systems.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a small to medium size team of electrical engineers in the design, prototype, test, and troubleshooting of embedded electronics for a variety of projects.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gantt charts, root cause analysis, circuit / PCB design, and PCBA manufacturing.
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Develop plans to evaluate and assess the emerging technology market space to fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives and development.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in the design of electronic circuits and systems.
- 3+ years of experience as a manager, team lead, or as a project manager.
- Strong technical understanding of embedded system design and best practices.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or MBA.
- Demonstrated history of successful on-time delivery of consumer products.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.