Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
As a Regulatory Engineer II for Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to define Regulatory Requirements as a member of a cross-functional design team. You will utilize engineering skills to contribute to the development and qualification of new products for the Outdoor Power Equipment business unit. Under the direction of the Manager of Regulatory Compliance, you will work with other Regulatory Engineers with strong experience and background in this field. Your primary duty is to assist in the coordination and execution of Regulatory and compliance testing and evaluation of Milwaukee products to the provisions of US, Canadian, and International product safety standards.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues, and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise Project Leaders, Product Managers, Design Engineers, and Reliability Engineers regarding regulatory requirements including tests and design elements necessary to comply with external regulations.
- An overarching emphasis is placed on Product Safety Regulatory requirements, but you will also guide teams in Regulatory matters concerning EMC, Efficiency, and Hazardous Substance Free.
- Liaise with Certification Bodies and Test Labs to obtain all necessary Certificates and Test Reports for a worldwide product launch. Supervise all aspects of product certification for Milwaukee products. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation of test samples, execution of the test, test reporting and data analysis, and certification submittal.
- Be conversant with the latest industry safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, etc.), regulations (UN, IATA, FCC, CP65, RoHS, ErP, DOE, CEC, etc.), and OSHA specifications. Where requirements are unclear, assist in obtaining an interpretation from the appropriate authority.
- Evaluate information and render opinion related to the compliance and safety of a concept, design, or product.
- Conduct design reviews and construction reviews. Review test results and determine acceptability.
- Work with technicians to troubleshoot test parameters and outcomes.
- Communicate with product teams regarding product regulatory and safety matters.
- Review and provide feedback for operator's manuals and on-product markings.
- Establish and define best practices for fellow team members. Create tools to increase team efficiency.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or technical equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience handling regulatory and product safety activities, preferably associated with Outdoor Power Equipment, power tools, Lithium-ion batteries, and/or consumer products.
- Strong understanding of safety standards affecting Milwaukee Outdoor Power Equipment.
- Familiar with Hazard Based Analysis techniques.
- Understanding of general laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Familiar with OSHA General Industry and Construction regulations.
- Possess strong verbal, written and organizational skills essential to professional communication.
- Show an emphasis on and adherence to schedule and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- High interest in Outdoor Power Equipment and tools of the trade.
Milwaukee Tool is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.