Principal Engineer -- Battery Pack and Charger Applications
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Principal Engineer will support the Technology Battery Pack and Charger Applications and is a part of our Power Tools Technology team. This team will explore new battery pack and charger technologies for us across Milwaukee Tool's products. You will lead the collaboration and negotiations with Marketing and Advanced Engineering to build and execute a market disrupting vision.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Build, lead, and collaborate with a world class team of cross-functional engineers and project managers to deliver new-to-world solutions.
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in battery or charging system design or related work experience.
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of Li-Ion battery system design, test methods, controls, and architectures.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MBA, or related field.
- Strong knowledge in power electronics and embedded system designs.
- Familiarity with firmware design and model-based engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with mechanical design and thermal management concepts.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.