Inventory Control Team Lead - Electronics Prototyping
Date Posted: 6/3/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 6/3/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Inventory Control Team Lead -- Electronics Prototyping will be a part of the Electrical Engineering team in the Power Tool Electronics Laboratory. As an Inventory Control Team Lead, you will manage and lead a team of Inventory Control Specialists to deliver on time, high quality, and accurate prototypes. You will be responsible for performing daily analysis and review of inventory levels, developing inventory tracking systems, and ordering new materials.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the electronics prototype assembly inventory through timely delegation and allocation of team members to meet the delivery expectations of the business.
- Evaluate inventory procedures and implement a best in class tracking system to optimize end results and sustain a cost-effective electronic component inventory.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tool culture, manage, guide, and coach team to maintain an effective workforce to accomplish goals in support of business objectives.
- Work closely with team and stakeholders to understand deadlines, proactively communicate the status against the targets and assist them through challenges.
- Manage outsourced projects when necessary.
- Analyze product and supply levels to anticipate any potential inventory issues and shortages.
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, adjustments, and pricing.
- Identify and work with suppliers based on existing or future project requirements and needs.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Demonstrate the ability to be agile by successfully managing a personal workload of multiple tasks and highly organized to consistently deliver on deadlines.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associates Degree from a two-year college or technical school.
- 5+ years of experience in fast paced PCBA manufacturing environment or similar role.
- 2+ years leadership experience in a technical role.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
- Strong component knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft business software for communications and business processes.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Strong blueprint and schematic knowledge.
- Manufacturing experience with Automated assembly and inspection equipment.
- Experience working alongside engineers in an engineering/electronics lab.
- IPC standards knowledge and skills. outstanding record-keeping and analytical abilities.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.