WE CREATE EMPOWERED LEADERS! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to provide technical solutions on our IT Team.
Our IT team is responsible for supporting our continued growth by partnering with each function to align the IT strategy and identify solutions, automating business processes, developing custom software solutions, providing, and governing access to data, evaluating, and implementing purchased software solutions, enabling advanced technologies like AI and ML, and managing the infrastructure and security these solutions require across the enterprise. We work to solve business challenges and drive efficiency through technology.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to support the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Your Role on Our Team
As a Senior UX Design Researcher at Milwaukee Tool, you will be allocated to a specific DCX product team in a UX Design Researcher capacity and provide insights, data, and recommendations to help your assigned product team make informed, more customer-centric decisions. In addition, you will lift UX design research efforts to help your team understand both typical usage and the more complex or rapidly evolving relationships between end-user journeys and audience verticals.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the DCX team to assess the existing journey maps and existing research to determine knowledge gaps and opportunities for further exploration based on prioritized needs.
- Turn open team questions and ambiguities into research explorations to inform product team canvases and road map candidates.
- Identify the optimal inquiry method and perform all aspects of the UX research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and communication). Adapt research plans on the fly and are resourceful in overcoming research execution challenges.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis to uncover insightful and actionable results that drive tactical and strategic decisions
- At times your work will extend into sprint release cycle experiments that provide teams with meaningful, timely, and actionable customer insights. When applicable, facilitate design workshops and concepting sessions led by customer research insights.
- Empower your product team, key stakeholders, and collaborative partners by involving them in various phases of research lifecycles and bringing them closer to the customer.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across your product team and various stakeholders to inform strategic road maps and product canvas. Know the best format to convey findings for unique audiences (Ex: Research summaries/toplines, personas, journey maps etc)
- Help frame up the operating models for continuous discoveries for the DCX team. Collaborate with UX practice area leadership to help evolve and scale sustainable practices for upfront UX researchers across our department.
- Travel up to 20% of the time and make own travel arrangements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- 6 or more years of experience (Prefer BS or BFA in HCI, Cognitive Science, or related field).
- Must include a link to an up-to-date, online portfolio or sharable examples of work.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Proven experience in leading both generative and evaluative efforts.
- Hands-on experience with in-person and remote moderated/unmoderated user research methods that apply to digital or software landscapes.
- Strong understanding of which method of research to use in various situations.
- Demonstrated experience with onsite contextual inquiries and observational studies. (Willing and able to perform research in person on a construction job site)
- Experience with supporting and growing UX design research repositories.
- Some experience running design workshops and or facilitating design concepting sessions.
- Hold passion for understanding the user and advocate on their behalf by continually communicating the user's perspective throughout the design process.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Be a strong user in Microsoft applications.
- Experience working in an embedded software product team model and a desire to work in collaborative style teams.
- An ability to communicate research findings in creative and impactful ways -- with solid attention to detail
- A strong sense of independence and initiative; an ability to determine how to prioritize your work, what you will need to accomplish it, ask for what you need and navigate communications when you are not receiving what you need
- A self-starter who can collaborate with others in a manner that builds trust
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation ("Milwaukee Tool") is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking to employ and advance in employment qualified persons without discrimination and to not allow harassment of any employee or applicant because of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, and any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.