Senior Scrum Master
Milwaukee Tool is undergoing a complete Digital Transformation and we are rapidly expanding our IT Team. We're looking for a strategic Sr. Scrum Master to help guide the team to the next step!
We're searching for a Coach and Mentor that can help guide teams and organizations that are making the transition to operating and delivering more agilely. You'll be able to help set the foundation for other teams to follow!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the team in implementing agile and working with other teams who may or may not be using agile, while fostering full adoption of Agile technical practices.
- Coaches the team to create better solutions, improve business results, and better their processes.
- Facilitates team meetings, including:
- Backlog Refinement
- Iteration Planning
- Daily Stand-Up
- Iteration Review
- Iteration Retrospective
- Removes impediments and barriers to the team's progress while managing outside influence.
- Tracks & communicates agreed upon team metrics.
- Adeptly manages agile teams and processes while tracking to project timelines and deliverables.
- Coaches the team on the best ways to refine their backlog and create Stories.
- Ensure Development Team understands and maintains commitment to the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Assists the PO in preparing and refining the backlog for Iteration Planning.
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment.
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Coach the Product Owner to ensure the volume and flow of Product Backlog Items (user stories) towards the top of the Product Backlog are Ready for the Sprint Backlog.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of IT experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing agile IT software development teams as a Scrum Master.
- Experience implementing Scrum and driving Agile adoption is ideal.
- Project management experience and PMP certification is a plus.
- CSM or SAFe certification is a plus.